Welcome to the technical resources and the specifications for the RESQML standard.
- This content is provided to help in the design, development and testing of software based on the RESQML™ standard.
- The members of the RESQML Work Group contributed time and expertise to define each version of the standard, and provide various tools to make it easier to test it and deploy it.
Current Version - RESQML v2.0.1
RESQML v2.0.1 DATA SCHEMAS
- RESQML v2.0.1 was released in 2016, and it is the current version.
- RESQML v2.0.1 should be used for all new developments.
- RESQML v2.0.1 leverages the Energistics Common Technical Architecture (CTA).
- Activity Model. Its purpose is to capture:
- Tasks or actions that occurred to create and edit a subsurface model
- How the activities relate to the data being exchanged.
- Property Series. Makes it possible to capture the evolution of property values through time or for multiple realizations generated during stochastic processes.
- Streamlines. In a reservoir engineering context, streamlines are a way to visualize and represent fluid flow. They have many applications; for example, they have been used as a basis for fluid flow simulation, sweep management, well rate optimization, and infill well placement.
|Download the Data Schema Specifications and supporting documentation - Sept 2015|
RESQML V2 ORIENTATION VIDEO
- Francis Morandini from Total
- Alice Chanvin-Laaouissi and Laurent Deny from Paradigm
- Jana Schey and Jay Hollingsworth from Energistics
RESQML EDITOR/VALIDATOR FOR V2.0.1
The RESQML Editor/Validator application was created to assist adoption of RESQML. This tool enables users to explore, edit and validate RESQML v2.0.1 data objects and EPC files (the "container" file used to gather related RESQML data objects and other files for exchange among software packages). Also available is a Command Line Validator, which may be integrated with RESQML-enabled software, to run automatically when RESQML data is imported. The following may be downloaded from Download Standards.
- RESQML Editor/Validator Tool
- Examples and related files (explained in User Guide)
- Documentation for the Editor/Validator
- Chapter 2: Installation for the Editor/Validator Tool
- Chapter 6: Installation for the Command Line Tool
You can find on the Download Standards page, packages comprising the Editor/Validator for v2.0.1.
|RESQML Editor/Validator for v2.0.1 and Command Line Validator plus Documentation and Examples - October 2017|
HDF5RESQML V2.0.1 includes use of a standard binary file format called HDF5 for transmission of large amounts of data. This standard is developed and maintained by HDF Group. HDF5 libraries compatible with the RESQML standard may be downloaded from HDF Group. .NET: https://support.hdfgroup.org/ftp/HDF5/releases/hdf5-1.8/hdf5-1.8.9/bin Java: http://www.hdfgroup.org/products/java/release/download.html#download It is important to use version 1.8.18* or higher within the 1.8.x series. Java, .NET and Python users should check wrapper for an appropriate version. It is recommended not to migrate to the 1.10.x series at this time but if it is determined that 1.10.x is needed, please send a note to Energistics explaining the rationale for further research. * NOTE: Security issues have been identified for versions before 1.8.18. More information from HDF Group. Use of HDF5 for RESQML is authorized by HDF Group under their license agreement.
RESQML Version History
RESQML v1,1 Overview (2011) is still in use, and it is currently supported by Energistics
- Prior versions are deprecated.
|Browse the Data Schema Specifications v1.1 - October 2011||Data Schema|
|Request the Data Schema Specifications v1.1|