Welcome to the technical resources and the specifications for the PRODML standard.
- This material is provided to help in the design, development and testing of software based on the PRODML standard.
- The PRODML Work Group contributed significantly over the years to build consensus around each version of the standards, as well as make available various tools to make it easier to build software based on the standards, test it and deploy it.
Current Versions of Standards
- WITSML™ v2.1
- PRODML™ v2.2
- RESQML™ v2.2
- Energistics common v2.3
- PRODML v2.1 was released in June 2019
- PRODML v2.1 is the current version of the PRODML standard.
- PRODML v2.1 should be used for all new developments
- PRODML v2.1 represents an incremental change from version 2.0, making changes only where implementation experience found deficiencies in v2.0. The only significant addition is the implementation of the Pressure Transient Analysis (PTA) capability.
PRODML DATA SCHEMA SPECIFICATIONS, VERSION 2.1
PRODML v2.1 Data Schema Overview
Download Data Schema Specifications - June 2019
PRODML Version History
- Version 2.0 was released in 2016. It should not be used for new developments, but it is supported and available for download for organizations that have used Version 2.0.
- A key factor that drove the update of PRODML was the move to the Energistics Common Technical Architecture (CTA), a set of shared technology that provides a common foundation for the Energistics family of standards (including WITSML and RESQML), better harmonizing those standards and making them easier to implement.
- All of the PRODML XML schemas now comply with the design patterns of the CTA.
- The data models themselves have not changed for the capabilities which are being updated from version 1.3.
- PRODML v2.0 also features some brand new domain capabilities and sets of data objects, which include:
- Simple product volume reporting – this provides a simplified, reliable way to provide production volumes to non-operating partners.
- Fluid and PVT analysis - a set of data objects covering fluid and pressure-volume-temperature (PVT) analysis data for upstream technical workflows.
- Distributed acoustic sensing (DAS) – for exchanging the large volumes of data associated with DAS. It builds on the version 1.3 capability for distributed temperature sensing (DTS).
- Distributed Temperature Sensing (DTS).
- Wireline Formation Testing (WFT).
- Production volume, flow network and well test as originally developed by, and used by, companies and regulators on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
- Operations Report.
- Time Series.
- Time Series Statistic.
PRODML Data Schema Specifications, Version 2.0
Browse Data Schema Specifications - Overview, December 2016
Download Data Schema Specifications - December 2016
PRODML v1.3 and Prior Versions
PRODML v1.3 and all prior versions are now deprecated and no longer supported.